Monday, March 23, 2009

Columbus, Ohio, Day 1




So I'm in Columbus, Ohio, doing some research for a future project, amongst other things. Only a brief visit, but I will share what I can.

Tonight I am in a swanky part of town called Easton Town Center, a collection of shops and restaurants not far from the airport. The taxi ride cost $20 bucks for a 3 mile trip, and at least as far as Easton Town Center goes, prices are not any cheaper here than in New Jersey. From the crowd, though, and the number of hotels here, I am guessing this is a touristy area.

Many of the restaurants are familiar to me, which just goes to show how the world is getting smaller in some ways. The above photo is of a miniature railway displayed outdoors here, and the horse statue can be found outside of a Chinese bistro.



So far, Columbus reminds me of Philadelphia, or Boston, perhaps, in the sense that things are spread out as opposed to crowded into a massive downtown area. I did little research before coming here, though, and I'm more familiar with other areas of Ohio, so this will be a learning experience. Sometimes it's good to get away to somewhere you haven't been before and just experience.

Tomorrow I will see the rest of Columbus. I've already done some research on the area in a local bookstore, but have a lot to learn yet.

Hopefully this last picture is NOT an indication of things to come. :0)



I'll try to post tomorrow!
Cheers, JOHN :0)

3 comments:

Kishore said...

In Easton, eh John? So, did you go have dinner at PF Chang then? :-)

So, how long are you going to be in Columbus? What are the chances of you coming over here to Cincinnati to visit us? Its only a 2 hr drive...

Brian Hughes said...

So, Ohio is a great big shopping mall then?

Unknown said...

Kishore,
I figured you knew this place, and wanted to call, but it was getting late and I was hungry! I'm leaving today, but I need to come back soon, so let's arrange to meet up.

Brian,
Easton Town Center is only a small blip on the map, and a blip designed to bring in the bucks, apparently. Nice, clean place, though.

Today I'll see the real Columbus, Ohio... again, only a small part of the state.

And wait until I tell you what I discovered yesterday about Ohio!

JOHN :0)