Sunday, March 9, 2008

Howdy

Hello,

My name is John, and I'm a Cartoonist / Illustrator who loves History and Travel, and cooking, and.... well, let's just stick to travel for now, with a side-dish of history. I have another blog devoted to creativity, cartooning, and illustration, and since my work overlaps with my life, a lot of my blogs end up about travel. I also write occasionally for The Fylde & Wyre Antiquarian , and those blogs discuss my travels in England, as relates to history, especially prehistory.

So... in an attempt to separate things a bit, and try to focus my other blog on my art, I am beginning this blog to focus on my other interest; travel.

Of course, you'll have to expect to see my art showing up here: it's only natural. But I'll stick to travel themes.

Here's a travel toon, to get us started.



All right, I might as well add right now that England is one of my favorite places. I've been there many times, and cannot wait until I return. So... you'll see quite a bit about England. However, I've been all over, and I tell it like it is, so we'll eventually get to other places as well.

Thanks for visiting, JOHN :0)

8 comments:

Brian Hughes said...

Ahha! Caught y'!

Unknown said...

Hey Brian,

When I found out that you had a second blog, I just had to get one as well!

It makes sense, though, considering our wide variety of interests.

Cheers, JOHN :0)

Brian Hughes said...

John,

I created the Scrag Ends blog because there were no longer any Scrag Ends left on the net. That'd mean a whole generation of web users unable to complain at Agatha jokes or warring peas...unthinkable. People need something to moan about in this life...and Scrag Ends has always provided the outlet for them.

Unknown said...

Brian,
That's pretty deep, especially at this time of the morning. All I know is that Scrag Ends is one of the greatest cartoons of all, richly illustrated, and often funny. I'm glad it's back on the wen, at least.

And there will be a few Scrag Ends in my next book, as well.

I created this blog to separate my interests... travel and art don't always intersect, so it's better this way. I realized my other blog was covering way too many topics.

Thanks for dropping by, JOHN :0)

Brian Hughes said...

"All I know is that Scrag Ends is one of the greatest cartoons of all, richly illustrated, and often funny."

Now I'm blushing. Look at me, I've gone all red. Oh no...hang on...actually I've just spilt my coffee in my lap. 'Scuse me...

Unknown said...

Now you see, Brian? I even said 'often funny', just so it all wouldn't go to your head. Why do I even bother looking out for you?

Anyways, we're still not talking about travel...

how would you like to write up a travel ad for The Wyre,complete with illustrations? Or would you rather tourists didn't show up in your beautiful, quiet, affordable, beachside area of history rich England?

Let me know, JOHN :0)

PS Scrag Ends rules! Any travel related toons you want to share? Keep it clean, and I'll post 'em!

Brian Hughes said...

"...how would you like to write up a travel ad for The Wyre..."

Hmmm, let me see...how do you spell 'utter dump'?

Unknown said...

Brian,
With two t's and a d, why?

Oh... I get it. You don't want tourists mucking up the pristine Olde English countryside that you currently enjoy.

All right... mum's the word.

JOHN :0)